Discussions

What do you see as the most significant trend to watch for in CRM for the next 5 years?

We are missing your voice

Join our Community

We have already 3 comments. Add yours.

Jason Stewart

09/26/2012 - 00:55

I think Salesforce.com has paved the way for thinking of CRM as a platform that can be used for alignment across all departments. Not only as the source of "truth" in sales and marketing -- but also finance and the C-suite. As the tool that the company can use to collaborate, measure performance and more.

I believe there are three main areas where the influence of CRM will grow across the enterprise. Applications are the priority, of course, with the most effective companies utilizing the full suite of tools available to them right out of the box. Customization is next area, with the most effective companies "bending CRM to their will" so to speak. Integration is the final one, with disparate departments integrating the toolsets they use with the CRM platform to help maintain and streamline the concept of CRM as the source of truth.

That being said, I do agree with some of the comments above mine...it is with no reluctance or irony that I admit the things that get me the most excited about my CRM tool are the core competencies. How well they support the sales process, and how well they help marketing measure success by connecting the pipeline to the top of the funnel. I would not be surprised to see a "back to basics" revival in the space.

We are missing your voice

Comments are open for registered users.
Join our Community or Login with your account.